The 85th Legislature made over 200 changes to the Texas Estates Code this year! O’Connor’s Texas Estates Code Plus has been updated with all of these legislative changes (including changes from the called session). The title features legislative analysis and a quick-reference chart identifying all amended and enacted sections. Here are just some of the key topics affected by the recent legislation:
- Administration of estates
- Multiple-party accounts
- Beneficiary designations for motor vehicles
- Safekeeping and custody of wills
- Will modification and reformation
- Durable powers of attorney
- Guardianship proceedings
- Supported decision-making agreements
- Fiduciary access to digital assets
- And much more!
This year’s edition is also updated with new annotations from the latest key court opinions, and the charts and timetables have been extensively updated with legislation. Besides the annotated Estates Code, the book also includes the annotated Trust Code and select provisions from a dozen other codes—all updated with 2017 legislation.